Join us in Wilmore for Fourth of July fun!
On Saturday, July 1 don’t miss the R.J. Corman 5K Run (8 AM) and 1 Mile Fun Run (7:30AM). The fun begins and ends in front of Wilmore UMC, Main St. Early bird registration through June 28th – 1 Mile is $8/($10 day of) – 5K Run is $10/($12 day of). Click here for the Registration Form. Forms and course map at Wilmore City Hall and on site on the day of the run.
In case of rain: The run will take place Rain or Shine. The only exception would be thunder & lightning which would cause unsafe situations. In that case, we would attempt to delay start long enough to get beyond any thunderstorms.
On Tuesday, July 4 the Festival of the Fourth begins with a parade at 10 AM.
Fun Fact: Local emergency responders will be recognized as our Hometown Heroes!
The Festival of the Fourth Festival at the Wilmore Campground will immediately follow the parade (approximately 11:00 AM).
Festival events include:
• Entertainment – featuring Katie Feola & Scott Collins on stage in the Tabernacle.
• Our HOMETOWN HEROES will be recognized at 11:15 AM
• Food & Entertainment – hamburgers, drinks, etc. & special priced hot dogs ($.25)!
• Arts & Crafts & Vendors
• Kids Activities – Tree climbing & lots of inflatables! Fundraiser for AdventureServe Ministries.
• Spelling Bee-
• Age groups: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, & 5th grades
• Best Cupcakes (adults) & Best Cupcakes Contest (youth under 16)
Click here for the full INFORMATION SHEET (includes additional 5K/1K and Festival info). For more information please contact Wilmore Parks & Recreation at firstname.lastname@example.org.