The Public Works Department ensures the safety and maintains conditions of all city streets, alleys, and rights of way.
Responsibilities of the Public Works Department include:
- Includes storm water management; leaf collection; snow and ice removal, pavement markings; mowing rights of way; beautification; tree removal and trimming on city properties; sign maintenance.
- Includes facility maintenance, downtown cleanup and assistance with parades and special events.
Solid waste collection
- Residential and small business garbage are picked up once a week.
- The City of Wilmore provides a roll cart and roll cart repair to every residential customer.
- The day of your collection is determined by the street you live on. Download schedule pdf below to determine your day of collection.
- Click here for FAQ – needs update.
|Sanitation Information Downloads|
|Solid Waste Collection Information|
|Collection Routes and Schedule|
|Recycling Information Downloads|
|2023 Recycling in Wilmore "Do's and Don'ts"|
|2023 Recylcing in Wilmore Information Flyer|
|2023 Wilmore Recycle Schedule Download|
For information regarding Public Works, contact City Hall at 859-858-4411.