City Hall

General Administration

Lori Vahle

Finance Director


Donna Back

City Clerk


Ashley Humphrey

Utilities Clerk


Vince Lewellen

Director of Facilities & Cemetery


Frequently Asked Questions

What are City Hall’s hours?

City Hall’s office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.

How do I request public records?

The City of Wilmore’s city clerk is responsible for the processing, retention, and safekeeping of all reports generated by the staff of the City of Wilmore. Records are disposed of according to the Kentucky Library and Archives Retention Schedule. Reports may be obtained either via email or at city hall. You must present a valid ID to obtain a report. Please submit your open records request with a valid signature and a legible, printed name. You may submit the request via mail, email, or in-person drop off.

  • In order to request access to government records under OPRA, you must complete all the required portions of and date the request form and deliver it in person during regular business hours or by mail or fax to the Records Custodian. Your request is not considered filed until the Records Custodian has received a completed, signed request form or signed written notification. If you submit the request form to any other officer or employee of the City of Wilmore, that officer or employee may not have the authority to accept your request form on behalf of the City of Wilmore and your request will be directed to the Records Custodian.
  • The fees for duplication of a government record are $0.10 per page, $0.50 per CD/DVD, and $2.50 per USB. We will notify you of any special charges, special service charges, or other additional charges authorized by State law or regulation before processing your request. Payment shall be made by check or money order payable to the City of Wilmore.
  • If it is necessary for the records custodian to contact you concerning your request, providing identifying information, such as your name, address, and telephone number or an email address is required.
  • You may be charged a minimum 50% deposit when a request for copies exceeds $25. The Records Custodian will contact you and advise you of any deposit requirements. You agree to pay the balance due upon delivery of the records.
  • The Records Custodian may deny access to a person who has been convicted of an indictable offense in Kentucky, any other state, or the United States, and who is seeking government records containing personal information pertaining to the person’s victim or the victim’s family.
  • By law, the City of Wilmore must notify you that it grants or denies a request for access to government records within five business days after the custodian of the record requested receives the request, provided that the record is currently available and not in storage. If the record requested is not currently available or is in storage, the custodian will advise you within five business days when the record can be made available and the estimated cost. You may agree with the custodian to extend the time for making records available, or granting or denying your request.
  • You may be denied access to a government record if your request would substantially disrupt agency operations and the custodian is unable to reach a reasonable solution with you.
  • If the City of Wilmore is unable to comply with your request for access to a government record, the custodian will indicate the reasons for denial on the request form and send you a signed and dated copy, within five business days.
  • Our business days consist of the following normal office hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm
  • If your request for access to a government record has been denied or unfilled within the time permitted by law, you have a right to challenge the decision by the City of Wilmore to deny access. At your option, you may file a complaint in writing with the Office of the Attorney General for the Commonwealth of Kentucky. You may contact the Attorney General by telephone at (502) 696-5300, by mail at The Capital, Suite 18, 700 Capital Ave., Frankfort, KY 40601-3449, by email, or at their website. The Attorney General’s Office can also answer other questions about the law.

Please click here to obtain a copy of our open records form.

Please click here to obtain a printable copy of our Open Records Rules and Regulations

Please click here to see a copy of the 2023 Kentucky Open Records & Open Meetings Acts.

When are property tax bills mailed out and when are they due?

Property tax bills are mailed out late September / early October. Property taxes are due November 30th.

How do I get a homestead exemption on my property tax bill?

Contact the Property Valuation Administrator (PVA) at 859-885-4931 to apply for a homestead exemption.

What happens if I do not pay my property taxes on time?

Property tax bills are due November 30 of each year. A 10% penalty is added to unpaid bills after November 30. A 20% penalty is added to unpaid bills after February 28. A 28% penalty is added to unpaid bills after May 31. If bills are still unpaid after another year, they are turned over to our City Attorney for collection.

Who needs a business license?

Any individual, partnership, corporation or other legal entity conducting business inside the city, not classified as an employee, must make an application for a business license before commencement of activity. Business License Forms

How much does a business license cost?

Business license fees are $50 per year or $5 per day (for those that work 10 days or less in city limits). Business license fees will be prorated to $25 for businesses commencing activity after June 30.

What is your current occupational license fee (payroll tax) rate?

Our current rate is 2% of wages for employees working within the city limits. The employer must withhold the occupational license fee from any payment made for services performed or work done in the city. The employer is responsible to remit the employee withholdings to the city on a quarterly filing basis. The Payroll tax form can be found on the Business Forms page.

When are occupational license fees (payroll taxes) due?

Payroll taxes are due 30 days after the quarter end:

Quarter ending March 31 is due April 30

  • Quarter ending June 30 is due July 31
  • Quarter ending September 30 is due October 31
  • Quarter ending December 31 is due Jan 31

For the payroll tax form visit the Business Forms page.

What is a net profit license fee?

An annual net profit license fee is levied on all persons, fiduciaries, corporations, and associations engaged in occupation, trade, profession or other business for work performed within the city. The rate is 2% of the net profit.

For the net profits form can be downloaded on the Business Forms page.

When are net profit license fee returns due?

Net profit license fee returns are due each year on April 15.

Phone: 859-858-4411

Phone: 859-858-4412

Fax: 859-858-3595


City Hall 210 S. Lexington Ave.

Wilmore Newsletter

* indicates required
© City of Wilmore 2024   Designed by Man o' War Media