The Public Works Department ensures the safety and maintains conditions of all city streets, alleys, and rights of way.
Responsibilities of the Public Works Department include:
- Includes storm water management; leaf collection; snow and ice removal, pavement markings; mowing rights of way; beautification; tree removal and trimming on city properties; sign maintenance.
- Includes facility maintenance, downtown cleanup and assistance with parades and special events.
Solid waste collection
- Residential and small business garbage are picked up once a week.
- The City of Wilmore provides a roll cart and roll cart repair to every residential customer.
- The day of your collection is determined by the street you live on. Download schedule pdf below to determine your day of collection.
Utilities & Public Works DirectorEmail
Public Works & Distribution & Collections SupervisorEmail
Frequently Asked Questions
The city is divided into four routes. Each route has a respective day that it is picked up.
Click here to find the respective pick up day for your address.
Recycling is picked up every other Monday. Look here for the schedule.
Yes, for an extra charge. Call City Hall at 859-858-4411 to schedule pick up.
Call City Hall at 859-858-4411 to schedule pick up at no additional charge. Limbs should be cut and tied into manageable bunches (limbs less than 4″ in diameter and 8’ in length). Grass clippings and leaves must be bagged
Appliances & furniture (refrigerators, ranges, couches, etc.) will be picked up for an additional charge of $30.
Call City Hall at 859-858-4411 to schedule pick up.
Please contact City Hall at 859-858-4411 to process this request.