Check Our Calendar

Frequently Asked Questions

What are City Hall’s hours?

City Hall’s office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.

Can I request public records?

Public records can be requested by contacting City Hall at 859-858-4411.

When are property tax bills mailed out and when are they due?

Property tax bills are mailed out late September / early October. Property taxes are due November 30th.

How do I get a homestead exemption on my property tax bill?

Contact the Property Valuation Administrator (PVA) at 859-885-4931 to apply for a homestead exemption.

What happens if I do not pay my property taxes on time?

Property tax bills are due November 30 of each year. A 10% penalty is added to unpaid bills after November 30. A 20% penalty is added to unpaid bills after February 28. A 28% penalty is added to unpaid bills after May 31. If bills are still unpaid after another year, they are turned over to our City Attorney for collection.

Who needs a business license?

Any individual, partnership, corporation or other legal entity conducting business inside the city, not classified as an employee, must make an application for a business license before commencement of activity.
Click here for a business license form.

When are business license renewals due?

Business license renewals are due Feb 1st of each year. 
Click here for a b
usiness license form.

How much does a business license cost?

Business license fees are $50 per year or $5 per day (for those that work 10 days or less in city limits). Business license fees will be prorated to $25 for businesses commencing activity after June 30.

What is your current occupational license fee (payroll tax) rate?

Our current rate is 2% of wages for employees working within the city limits. The employer must withhold the occupational license fee from any payment made for services performed or work done in the city. The employer is responsible to remit the employee withholdings to the city on a quarterly filing basis.  
For the payroll tax form, 
click here.

When are occupational license fees (payroll taxes) due?

Payroll taxes are due 30 days after the quarter end:

Quarter ending March 31 is due April 30

  • Quarter ending June 30 is due July 31
  • Quarter ending September 30 is due October 31
  • Quarter ending December 31 is due Jan 31

For the payroll tax form, click here.

What is a net profit license fee?

An annual net profit license fee is levied on all persons, fiduciaries, corporations, and associations engaged in occupation, trade, profession or other business for work performed within the city. The rate is 2% of the net profit.

For the net profits form, click here.

When are net profit license fee returns due?

Net profit license fee returns are due each year on April 15.

What day will my garbage be picked up?

The city is divided  into four routes. Each route has a respective day that it is picked up.
Click here to find the respective pick up day for your address.

What day will my recycling be picked up?

Recycling is picked up every other Monday. Look here for the schedule.

If I set out carpet, will the city dispose of it?

Yes, for an extra charge.
Call City Hall at 859-858-4411 to schedule pick up.

When can I set out tree limbs and brush for collection?

Call City Hall at 859-858-4411 to schedule pick up at no additional charge. Limbs should be cut and tied into manageable bunches (limbs less than 4″ in diameter and 8’ in length). Grass clippings and leaves must be bagged

When do you collect household appliances?

Appliances & furniture (refrigerators, ranges, couches, etc.) will be picked up for an additional charge of $30.  
Call City Hall at 859-858-4411 to schedule pick up.

Who do I contact for a street light that is burned out?

Please contact City Hall at 859-858-4411 to process this request.

How do I establish utility service for an existing residence?

Contact Kentucky Utilities at 800-981-0600 for electrical service. Contact Delta Gas at 859-744-6171 for natural gas. Contact Wilmore Utilities at 859-858-4411 for water service, sewer service, garbage collection and recycling.

How do I apply for water, sewer, garbage and recycling services with Wilmore Utilities?

Come into City Hall to fill out an application. A $150 deposit is required to turn on service. The deposit is refunded after five years of service or applied to the final bill.  To download the Utilities Application, click here.

Do you accept credit/ debit cards?

We do accept credit cards and debit cards in person or over the phone. There is a small usage fee to process a card that is used for your payment.

Can I get a reduction in my sewer bill when I fill up my swimming pool?

Yes.  Write down your meter reading before filling your pool and after filling your pool. Turn those readings into City Hall, and we will adjust the sewer charge on your bill.

Can I get a reduction in my sewer bill when I fill up my swimming pool?

Yes.  Write down your meter reading before filling your pool and after filling your pool. Turn those readings into City Hall, and we will adjust the sewer charge on your bill.

Do you offer fingerprinting service?

Yes.  The Wilmore Police Department can fingerprint you for employment, adoption, foster parenting, etc. You will need to provide your own fingerprint card with the requesting agency’s information on it. Fingerprinting is available by appointment only.  

Please call 859-858-8955 to set up the appointment.

How many police officers does Wilmore employ?

The City of Wilmore currently has 7 full-time officers, 4 part-time officers, a full- time Chief of Police and an office manager.

Who answers the calls for 911 in Wilmore?

All emergency and non-emergency after hour calls are answered by the Jessamine County 911 Center located in Nicholasville. You can reach an officer in the city 24 hours a day for emergency by dialing 911.

For a non-emergency, call 859-858-3535.

Does Wilmore have a Drug Take Back program?

The Wilmore Police Department,in collaboration with CVS Pharmacy, has a Drug Take Back box located in the lobby of the Police Department. Prescription and over the counter medications may be dropped in the Drug Take Back box during regular business hours:  Monday- Friday 8:00-4:00 p.m.  No liquids or syringes, please.

What year model is the DARE Car?

Our beloved classic DARE Car is a 1968 Ford Galaxie/500. It is in all original condition with less than 40,000 miles. The department enjoys using the car for parades and public relations events in the county.

When did Wilmore establish a Police Department?

Wilmore officially established its police department on January 1, 1922 with the appointment of the first “Town Marshall,” John William Grimes.